Monday, February 12, 2007

Contemplative Thought: 12Feb07





Closed eyes:

"Who Am I?"

Shiva Eye
slowly formed
In my mind's eye.

I dissolve.


Overwhelmed.
My stomach
caves in.

"Who Am I?"

"Who is asking this question?"
I wonder.

Open eyes.

Shiva's gone
into hiding.

Perhaps a
noontime nap.

Too much to
contemplate

when'no mind'
is the goal.

I think I'll
fill my head

With Samuel Barber's
genius

And play
hide and seek

With my Self

after a slumber
of my own.

A lazy day
of decaf
and music

Never killed
anyone.


'Never saved
anyone

Either, I suppose.

Oh, guilty conscience--



Go to bed!
I know the
prize

for laziness
on the path

is guilt,
restless emotions,
shame.

(sigh)

The slumber
can wait.

Eternity is now!
the sages say;

All I have
is now.

(deep breath)

"Dear Lord,

This is your
humble servant
Bhakti.

Forgive me
for my laziness,
as I forgive myself
just the same.

If you're not too busy,
could you show yourself
to me,
and show me
Who I am?


Yes, yes...
that's it.
Reveal Yourself
to me

so I may
find peace
in my heart

and witness
the thoughts
as they arise.

(pause)
Oh, thank you
my Love;

I remember now:

I am not
this restless mind
and body--

I am That
Who witnesses

the state
of 'my' body

and mind.

(deep breath)

Thank you,
My Lord--

for showing me
that You
and I
drink from
the same cup;
With the same
pair of lips.


Amen."

 



tags: , , ,,  ,  , 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Om guru Om!
I'm another siddha yogi who came across your blog...what great poems! charged with deep contemplation :+) signs of a true seeker :). May the blessings of sadhana and yoga continue!

- Dharani or
justiceandcontrast in yahoo 360 :)